Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Preface



A lot of you are probably a little confused on the title. You are probably thinking something along the lines of, "Adrian, this makes no sense! You are far from ugly, the epitome of beauty and excellence in fact!" I would probably disagree with you(but only out of pure modesty of course). The name actually spurs from a stupid inside joke from 6 or 7 years ago between Rochelle, Sellan, and myself. But ever since, we have called each other uggs, ugglie, ugly, and just about any possible variation of the names, to the point where it feels odd calling Rochelle by her name. Last time I did it by accident she told me it sounded weird and to never do it again.

Anyway, long story short, Rochelle met the people at ugly dolls at a conference a while back and they gave her some ugly dolls and she gave me one (see above). Since it is hard to get any pictures of yourself when you are traveling alone (people get very intimidated by my camera), I decided to bring the doll along to represent me throughout the trip. Besides, I think it kinda looks like me. If you don't see the resemblance, what about now? Exactly.

I am going to try to keep on top of this as best I can but internet is sometimes a little scarce. In the meantime, you can see the pics from the going away party here. I will be posting all of my pictures from the trip on my picasa as well as some on my flickr (you can also see my pictures from Australia there). If you feel like a more up to date, ADD account of my travels (including my routes), you can follow me on twitter.

Here's to the good times, people, food, drinks, and stories of the past, present, and future. I'm off.

5 comments:

  1. i LOLed @ the ugly doll with the adrian hat.

    godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i also LOLd @ doll x adrian hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ALSO LOLed @ the ugly doll with the adrian hat! i feel honored to have given you that doll that now represents you. yup, definitely feeling all squishy inside.

    safe travels, Uggsies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww. that made me laugh. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I feel like I just arrived on the planet...you're blogging your trip...I really should be blogging about young Don Juan's trials and tribulations. ;p

    ReplyDelete